BCCDA – Certified Career Development Agency
WHY SHOULD YOU BECOME BCCDA CERTIFIED AGENCY
BCCDA Agency Certification makes it easy for Career Development Agencies to communicate CREDIBILITY, a high level of PROFESSIONALISM and ETHICAL STANDARDS to their clients and other stakeholders. Certified agencies showcase a highly QUALIFIED workplace that is committed to excellence and continuous learning. The certification provides agencies with PUBLIC RECOGNITION for meeting and exceeding the Career Development Industry standards.
A BCCDA CERTIFIED CAREER DEVELOPMENT AGENCY:
- Communicates qualified workforce
- Benefits from increased industry recognition and credibility
- Has a competitive edge that strengthens funding proposals
- Advocates for further development of Career Development Industry
- Increases chances of attracting highly qualified and motivated workforce
- Increases its visibility with BCCDA’s membership base
- Attracts more clients
An Agency will become certified if meeting the following criteria;
- Has an active membership with BCCDA
- Has paid an appropriate processing fee
- 75% or more of client facing employees or contractors are either CCDP Certified, CCDP Candidates or they applied for CCDP Certification or CCDP Candidacy at least a day before submitting this application (further referred to as CCDP Applicant)
- Large Agency (over 20 employees) – $200
- Medium Agency (10 to 20 employees) – $150
- Small Agency (less than 10 employees) – $100
The fee is non-refundable. Companies that apply, pay the processing fee, but do not qualify will have three months from the day they receive the notification to fulfill the missing criteria.
PAY YOUR FEE ONLINE
You can also pay by;
- Cheque – cheques can be mailed to BC Career Development Association, Suite 728-510 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 1L8. Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org before mailing the cheque
- Cash – you can drop off the appropriate amount at the BCCDA office from 9.30am to 4.30 pm Monday to Friday
WAYS TO APPLY
1.) DOWNLOAD YOUR AGENCY CERTIFICATION APPLICATION – PDF
Email the form to email@example.com (Subject – Agency Certification), or mail it to BC Career Development Association, Suite 728-510 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 1L8. Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org before mailing the application.
2.) SUBMIT YOUR CERTIFICATION APPLICATION ONLINE
There are 4 different levels of certification based on the current qualifications of your client facing staff.
GOLD – 100 – 75 % of client facing employees or contractors is CCDP Certified
SILVER – Less than 75% up to 50% of employees or contractors are CCDP Certified. The rest of the certifications requirement numbers to meet at least 75% are met via CCDP Candidate or CCDP Applicant.
BRONZE – Less than 50% up to 25% of employees or contractors are CCDP Certified. The rest of the certifications requirement numbers to meet at least 75% are met via CCDP Candidate or CCDP Applicant
BASIC – Less than 25% of employees or contractors are CCDP Certified. The rest of the certifications requirement numbers to meet at least 75% are met via CCDP Candidate or CCDP Applicant
The agency qualifications and certification levels will be reviewed and updated annually
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
The BCCDA Agency Certification Committee will review your applications. If you meet the criteria, you will become a BCCDA Certified Agency. You will be contacted regarding the certification decision within ten business days from the date of your application.
Certified agencies will be eligible to use the BC Certified Career Development Agency logo in their communication materials.
AGENCY CERTIFICATION ANNUAL REVIEW PROCESS
BCCDA will require an annual status report. In order to keep your certification, you will be asked to;
- Keep active membership with BCCDA
- Update and re-submit the list of BCCDA certified employees/contractors. Based on the numbers of your CCDP staff you will be awarded Gold, Silver, Bronze or Basic Status
- Submit report on internal or external training opportunities for staff
- Submit report on CCDP candidate preferred job postings
The BCCDA AGENCY CERTIFICATION ANNUAL REPORT form will be posted on bccda.org. You will need to submit the form maximum a month before your certification anniversary date or not more than two weeks past your certification anniversary date. If you don’t submit the report within requested timeframe, your certification will automatically expire.
APPLY ONLINE or DOWNLOAD PDF