CCDP Candidacy Certification Criteria
Eligibility for this credential is based upon a combination of education, work experience, and evidence of competency. Please note the following changes to the CCDP Candidacy program:
- Applicants who meet all requirements may apply directly for CCDP Certification. Those who do not meet all the stated Certification criteria may apply for the provisional status of CCDP Candidate. Upon completing all the requirements for certification – through a combination of education, work experience, and evidence of competency – a CCDP Candidate may apply for full Certification.
- Successful completion of BCCDA’s Candidacy certification process confers the right to use the title “Certified Career Development Professional Candidate” (CCDP Candidate).
- There is no application deadline. Applications are received on an ongoing basis and are reviewed monthly.
- You remain as a CCDP Candidate as long as you meet all the requirements to become a CCDP. Once you meet all certification requirements, you have the right to use the initials CCDP after your name without paying a CCDP application fee.
CCDP Candidacy Criteria Summary
All applicants must satisfy five criteria before submitting their CCDP Candidacy application:
- Education and Work Experience
- BCCDA Membership
- Mandatory Courses: Ethics and Theories
- Commitment to complete twenty-five hours of Professional Activities per subscription year, to demonstrate Career Practitioner Competencies and Areas of Specialization
- Professional References
Apply for CCDP Candidacy
To apply for CCDP Candidacy, please complete the CCDP Candidacy Application Form and submit it along with your CCDP Candidacy fee and the required documents (as outlined in the application form).
Applicants must provide evidence of an individual BCCDA Professional Membership in good standing as part of their application. If you are not currently a BCCDA member, click here to join and submit your email receipt with your application or submit payment with your application.
Applicants must include two professional references with their application. At least one of the references must be on the Professional Reference Form.
The certification fee of $157.50 (GST included) covers the cost of assessment and is payable upon submission of the application. Please note that this fee is non-refundable.
*Important to all CCDP Candidacy Applicants:
Please note that BCCDA will send you an email confirmation to the email address you filled in your application (with your receipt attached if applicable) within three business days for online applications and seven business days for regular mail applications. If you have not received our confirmation email after this time, please contact the BCCDA office.