CCDP Maintenance Requirements and Application Form
How to Maintain Certification
In order to use the CCDP Designation and title, practitioners must:
- Maintain a current, valid, individual Professional Membership in the BCCDA
- Apply for CCDP Maintenance Log 30 days prior to the expiry of their current BCCDA Professional Membership
- For those who obtained their certification on or before June 11, 2016 there is an initial three year Certification Period. After July 2016, CCDP Maintenance will be required every year as for all CCDPs. If your CCDP expiry year is greater than 2017, you will have a credit of $50 for each remaining subscription years in BCCDA new Professional Membership (As you have pre-paid a total of $150 for re-certification fee over a three-year period)
- For your convenience, starting June 11, 2016 BCCDA has combined your CCDP expiry date with BCCDA Individual Membership expiry date by taking the longer date as your new BCCDA Professional Membership renewal date.
- Please read our Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP) Criteria Guideline carefully before applying for CCDP Maintenance Application.
CCDP Maintenance Requirements
The CCDP designation is a mark of professional excellence. It symbolizes the practitioner’s commitment to ongoing professional development and the continuous advancement of the career development field. In order to maintain the integrity of the certification, holders of the CCDP designation must meet a number of basic criteria to be eligible for CCDP Maintenance.
To qualify for CCDP Maintenance the applicant must:
- Complete and log a minimum of 25 hours of professional activities completed every year. Training activities may be done through BCCDA, or through other organizations and training providers. CCDP holders can claim up to a maximum 10 hours of indirect activities such as reading, writing and research (Find more details in Eligible Professional Development Activities section-CCDP Maintenance Application).
- Ensure that all claimed Professional Activities address at least one Core Competencies and one Areas of Specialization from the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners.
- Be an individual Professional Member in good standing with the BCCDA at all times. Please ensure to renew your Professional Membership before submitting CCDP Maintainance Log.
- Complete and submit CCDP Maintenance Log 30 days prior to their BCCDA Professional Membership expiry date.
- Retain verification documents for all claimed Professional Activities for a year
For more detailed information on each criterion, please see the CCDP Maintenance Application.
CCDP Maintenance Application Form
To maintain your CCDP, you can choose from the following options:
- Option 1: Applicants can download, complete and submit the CCDP Maintenance Application to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Jennifer Do.PLEASE NOTE: The CCDP Maintenance Application Form is a fillable form. The placeholder text will disappear once you click on a field and begin typing.
- Option 2: Applicants can fill in and submit the CCDP Maintenance Application online using the member portal.
For a thorough discussion of the Core Competencies and Areas of Specialization, please consult the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Practitioners.
CCDP Maintenance Fees
CCDP Maintenance fees are included in your Professional Membership fee. Other fees are listed below:
- Late Fee: $52.50 (GST included)
- Appeal Fee: $52.50 (GST included)
PLEASE NOTE: All fees are non-refundable.
*Important to all CCDP Applicants:
Please note that BCCDA will send you an email confirmation to the email address you provided in your application (with your receipt attached, if applicable) within three business days for online applications and seven business days for regular mail applications. If you have not received our confirmation email after the time provided, please contact BCCDA office.
(Updated 2016 July 04)